Infraultra Aernoudt Jacobs 2020
INFRAULTRA is a mimesis based on vocalisations from sound and frequencies that are imperceptible by the ear.
Through a technological process of transformation, inaudible frequencies have been put into the audible range. The resulting recordings were then vocally mimicked and layered into new compositions.
The compositions are a metaphor for knowledge, understanding and communication. They use the human voice as a mediator for our daily radiative footprint, revealing the inaudible energy of our existence.
The pieces for the composition are based on recordings from:
- ultrasonic waves, infrasonic waves
- ionic movements in magnetic fields,
- different types of radiations, energy, and light modulations,
- signals that appear from solids, liquids, metals, LCD screens,
- inaudible emanations in electronic circuits,
- electrical/digital networks,
- thunder and lightning,
- cosmic background radiation (CBR),
- measurable energy
INFRAULTRA is a commission from the City of Liège for a new sound work for the Cybernetic Tower - an artwork by the Franco-Hungarian artist Nicolas Schöffer at the Parc de la Boverie.
Vocalisations by Yannick Guédon